How to build a strong inner foundation in our life? It gives you a solid ground to stand on when you do not know what can be done next.
It is tough to reconcile all your interests and principles at all points in time. We often face issues when our principles can conflict with the outcome of a suitable situation.
In the kind of fast-moving purpose-driven world that we now inhabit, this is not uncommon.
Every decision we make is contingent on several other considerations that might affect others adversely.
The time to decide and motivations behind may not be designed to hurt anyone and still do. This leads to stress and emotional crisis to a much larger extent than one can imagine.
It is thus important for us to have strong inner foundations. To know what we believe in and are ready to strive for in the face of any issue.
You can then handle changes and life-changing situations with a solidity of opinion and motive. Strong foundations are thus important.
Why Building a foundation is Important?
Building a strong foundation is significant because we go through multiple events and face different issues in our daily lives.
This only leads to more and more stress unless you structure your days and lay a strong foundation.
Something that allows you to stay grounded in the face of adversity and all other issues. You can be feeling a little down, thinking things are going wrong, and you don’t have control over things.
This is not an uncommon feeling, and you shouldn’t feel feeling like this is invalid.
In this situation or even otherwise, if you think you need to change the way you approach things and take pressure because of them, you should work on building a strong foundation.
Building a foundation is important zeroes down to the answer that it gives you a solid ground to stand on when you do not know what can be done next.
A strong foundation that you’ve built for yourself can help you build your life the way you wish to.
You could build a foundation as you like and build on it. You can mold your life as you want it, and you can look back at it if you feel you’ve lost.
A foundation is also a leeway when you feel the pressure a little too much on some days.
What makes a Strong Foundation?
After determining – why you need a strong foundation, it is pertinent to know what you want to build a foundation.
Your foundation can be and ideally should be built on something that gives you strength, something that supports you when you most need it.
Some common grounds that people choose to build their foundation on are:
- One’s mindset: The thoughts and ideas that one has
- Their values: What one feels strongly about and is important to them
- Their habits: One’s daily routine and habits
- Their strengths: The things one is good at and likes doing
- Their relationships: The people around whom
If you make a conscious effort, change your life, make it more liveable, something more than tolerable. A life you truly get the opportunity to enjoy and relish.
It is difficult to get everything you desire in a world where everyone wants everything and doesn’t want to settle, but it is impossible to take smaller steps to a life you desire.
It is often said that building a foundation is significant to one’s being and stability.
However, rebuilding the foundation from time to time with changing times and needs is equally, perhaps even more significant than first building it.
How to Build a Strong Inner Foundation?
Figuring out why and what you need is the most important step in building a foundation. More than half the effort understands why you need a strong foundation.
You can then go on to build a foundation based on several factors.
Some of the main points are, as mentioned above, you will need to rethink and re-evaluate certain things to gain full clarity when building a foundation. These are:
1. The correct mindset:
When considering what kind of mindset you must have when building a foundation, you need to decide – what you want to be thinking about. More extensively, you want to be able to think about certain questions, like:
- What is the kind of thoughts and ideas that steer you to positive things and growth in life, rather than leaving you stuck and spiraling?
- How can you start being more inwardly understanding?
- How can you start to treat yourself better, even in your thoughts?
- How can you live in the moment and focus your energies on what is currently happening instead of past or future events?
2. Strong values:
One must have strong values and principles when moving ahead in life. In times of crisis, our core values become our true assets; they help us find a way among all the chaos and noise.
To keep your values intact and understand what speaks to you or feel strongly for, you need to question yourself and explore constantly.
- What is it that you find of particular value in relationships or friendships? (Is it a feeling, a common ground of understanding, something as simple as a sense of humor, or reciprocation of actions?)
- What is it that you find of value in your work? (Is the nature of the work itself that fascinates you, the comfort in working on something you like, the reliability and support, or something else?)
- What values do you think are of utmost importance in life generally? (This can usually be figured out based on how you choose to describe others to a third person)
3. Personal Habits:
While personal may only seem incidental to people’s lives and interests, it is notable that habits determine a large number of things in our lives.
They almost shape into who we become as life goes on. So it is significant that we survey our habits and try to approximate what is it in the daily habits that can help us build a foundation. We must primarily do this by first questioning:
- What are the activities you carry out everyday day, i.e., your daily habits?
- Are these activities helping you grow and become who you want to be or defeating your plans and growth altogether?
- What habits can you adopt that can make your life a little more balanced and move in the direction you’d like to steer it towards?
4. Strengths in Life:
It is commonly known and understood that there are few things that one is better at doing than other things and activities. These are our strengths; more often than not, our strengths help us understand what we want to go back to or leave us behind. So, to get through certain tough times, we must question:
- What do you consider as your strengths?
- How is it that these strengths help you understand what you want and support you?
- How can you use these strengths to your benefit?
5. Firm Relationships:
It is mostly through interpersonal relationships and interactions that one can gauge where they stand and which direction they wish to head towards in the future.
It is always advisable not to compare oneself with anyone else or their progress; one needs to see how things work out for different people and try to figure out who it is that they feel safe and comfortable. For this, we sometimes need to question:
- What is it (an act/feeling, etc.) that makes you feel the most loved in a relationship?
- Relationships with which people make you feel a certain kind of comfort?
- In this mix, are there also relationships that you think you need to let go of for the sake of your well-being?
Why must we strive for Strong Foundation and a Healthier Life?
It is a strong foundation that keeps us balanced and gives us the power to get through tough times in life.
Because of this foundation that we know our roots, we know there is something we can fall back on, and there is something that leads us back to the right path when we feel insecure, lost, and unheard.
It is your foundation that you can use to carve away for yourself and your steps ahead.
You work so much for others that you sometimes forget to consider and look at your own needs in this struggle. It is only when things are heavily shaken that you take a view of the situation.
A strong foundation then helps you see clearer and understand events better; it can help you map things out and decide where you want to head out.
Think of how stressed you are now and what you would have wanted; instead, you will be lead to the right path.