“The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do.” – Steve Jobs.
There would probably be none who hasn’t heard of the tech genius of recent times – who introduced humankind to an Apple which isn’t a fruit!
Well yeah, we are talking about Steve Jobs, who was an American inventor, designer, and entrepreneur.
He was the co-founder, chief executive officer, and chairman of Apple Computers, under whose guidance the company pioneered a series of revolutionary technologies – including the iPhone and iPad.
If we take a pause to look beyond our gadgets, we’d realize that Steve Jobs literally changed the way we live, making the best technology available for all, at our fingertips.
Undoubtedly, his legacy continues through the achievements of this company, and his words of wisdom can never fail to motivate you.
Here are some of his most popular quotes and we’re sure that you’d be able to instantly connect with them.
Inspirational Steve Jobs Quotes:
1. The most precious thing that we all have with us is time.
2. The people that have really made the contributions have been the thinkers and the doers.
3. Once you discover one simple fact, and that is everything around you that you call life, was made up by people that were no smarter than you.
4. I always advise people – Don’t wait! Do something when you are young, when you have nothing to lose, and keep that in mind.
5. That’s been one of my mantras – focus and simplicity.
6. The really great person will keep on going and find the key, underlying principle of the problem, and come up with a beautiful elegant solution that works.
7. Believing that the dots will connect down the road will give you the confidence to follow your heart.
8. Don’t take it all too seriously. If you want to live your life in a creative way, as an artist, you have to not look back too much. You have to be willing to take whatever you’ve done and whoever you were and throw them away.
9. You have to trust in something, your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever.
10. People judge you on your performance, so focus on the outcome. Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected.
11. Now, as you graduate to begin anew, I wish that for you, ‘Stay hungry, stay foolish’.
12. Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma, which is living with the results of other people’s thinking.
13. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.
14. Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn’t matter to me… Going to bed at night saying we’ve done something wonderful… that’s what matters to me.
15. Don’t let the noise of other’s opinions drown out your own inner voice.
16. Sometimes life hits you in the head with a brick. Don’t lose faith.
17. If today were the last of your life, would you do what you were going to do today?
18. I’m convinced that the only thing that kept me going was that I loved what I did. You’ve got to find what you love.
19. Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking and don’t settle.
19. Almost everything, all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure, these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.
20. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked.
21. There is no reason not to follow your heart.
22. The minute that you understand that you can poke life and actually something will pop out the other side, that you can change it, you can mold it.
23. If you want it, you can fly, you just have to trust you a lot.
24. The only thing you have in your life is time. If you invest that time in yourself to have great experiences that are going to enrich you, then you can’t possibly lose.
25. You’ve got to have an idea, or a problem or a wrong that you want to right that you’re passionate about, otherwise you’re not going to have the perseverance to stick it through. I think that’s half the battle right there.
26. Most people don’t get those experiences because they never ask. I’ve never found anybody that didn’t want to help me if I asked them for help.
27. Most people never pick up the phone and call. Most people never ask. And that’s what separates sometimes the people that do things from the people that just dream about them.
28. If you act like you can do something, then it will work.
29. Life goes on and you learn from it.
30. I believe life is an intelligent thing, that things aren’t random.
31. If you are willing to work hard and ask lots of questions, you can learn business pretty fast.
32. I think this is the start of something really big. Sometimes that first step is the hardest one, and we’ve just taken it.
33. Everyone here has the sense that right now is one of those moments when we are influencing the future.
34. If you are working on something exciting that you really care about, you don’t have to be pushed. The vision pulls you.
35. The key thing that comes true is that they had a variety of experiences which they could draw upon, in order to try to solve a problem or to attack a particular dilemma in a kind of unique way.
36. Invest time in yourself to have great experiences that are going to enrich you.
37. There’s a phrase in Buddhism, ‘Beginner’s mind’. It’s wonderful to have a beginner’s mind.
38. The most important thing is a person. A person who incites and feeds your curiosity; and machines cannot do that in the same way that people can.
39. We try to focus and do very few things well. And focusing is hard because focusing doesn’t mean saying yes, it means saying no. So we decide not to do a lot of things so we can focus on a handful of things and do them well.
40. I end up not buying a lot of things, because I find them ridiculous.